What do you like to do? In Sarasota FL, there is something for everyone! Whether you like fishing, golfing, biking or boating, it’s all here. You can fish or boat in the Bay, canals, lagoons or the Gulf of Mexico. Golfing is abundant with over 30 golf courses in the area, some private, some public and some semi-private! If you love the arts, our town is considered the cultural city on the Gulf Coast. There’s plenty of live theater in Sarasota, Venice and Bradenton and our city has it’s own Ballet Company, Opera Company and Orchestra. If you enjoy Art Fairs, strolling along art galleries and poking through museums, Sarasota offers it up.
For the outdoor enthusiast, we have a rails to trails path than is over 40 miles in length. You’ll see folks on roller blades, on bikes, scooters and of course, walking and running. There are dozens of Parks in the Sarasota area where you can enjoy a picnic, overnight camping, hiking and at some, swimming and tennis. If you love the water and you don’t own a boat, you can always rent one. Another alternative is to join the Freedom Boat Club.
Here’s a list of my favorite things to do here
- Walk my doodles at Baypointe park at Marina Jack’s
- Take a walk on Siesta Key Beach
- Seasonal visits to Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
- Bike ride through West of Trail neighborhoods
- An evening out at the Asolo Theater
- Dinner and wine at The Table restaurant on Philippi Creek
- Entertain friends at my home in Granada
- Enjoy a quiet evening poolside with my family
Life is good here! If you’d like more information about the area, take a stroll through my website and view the different neighborhoods. It will give you a great idea of what you get for the money and in what neighborhoods!